Do you suffer from Bad Breath?
Millions of people suffer with embarrassing bad breath. The good news is that with proper understanding and proper dental care bad breath can be virtually eliminated! Bad breath (halitosis) usually originates from one of two sources:
- Certain foods we eat or
- Bacteria in our mouths that feed on leftover food particles.
How to fight bad breath?
- Stay away from certain foods that are known to cause bad breath
- Remove bacteria and food particles by brushing your teeth and flossing
- Remove bacteria from your tongue with a tongue cleaner
- Make sure that your mouth does not become too dry by drinking water and maintaining saliva flow
- Visit the Brisbane Smile Centre every 6 months
- Breathe through your nose and not your mouth
- If you wear dentures you will need to thoroughly clean them daily
- Chew sugar free gum to stimulate saliva which washes away food particles and bacteria
Read more about Oral Hygiene